Monday, January 22, 2007

Post One

While reading chapter one, I learned many things:
-information literacy is knowing how to find, analyze, and use information.
-you learn to make informed decisions on information obtained in all areas of your life.
-computer literacy is konwledge and understanding of computers and their uses.
-information and computer literacy relate because aspects in life(such as housing, cars, and finances) are more and more becoming easier accesible by internet.
-integration literacy is the ability to use computers and other technology combined with a variety of teachinga nd learning strategies to enhance sutdents' lives and match apporpriate learning strategies(technology wise) with learning objectives.

Along with those vocabulary words I also learned some computer terms:
-data into the computer is called input
-results are the output from the computer
-files store information on the computer
-the electrical equipment is called the hardware
-instruction fro hardware is called the software

Since I have last logged on for a post, I have learned how to manage and customize a blog. I think using a blog could be helpful in the education area in ways that would help teachers communicate with students about subjects being taught. Now that I have acquired the skills to create a blog, I can teach my stundents how and we can work together to communicate more efficiently.

No comments: