Monday, January 22, 2007

Post Zero


Throughout my life I have used technology everyday. When I was younger I would use the house phone to call my friends, family, and talk to them for hours; asking them all sorts of questions to keep in touch and maintain a close relationship. Now in college, I own a cell phone and a laptop computer. Communication has become a lot easier because of this technology. I can easily send a quick email, or leave a short voice mail to stay in contact with my friends and family. I think I would have to say that I use technology the most to communicate with others. Sure, I do a research paper every now and then, but while doing the research paper, I have facebook and AIM open at the same time. Technology has definitely made it easier to stay in touch with everyone.

From this class, I am expecting to learn a lot about technology and ways I can use it in the classroom. I hope to find ways to optimize the learning for my students and help them reach their highest potential learning abilities. I also hope to find ways that technology makes it easier to reach those goals, i.e. making tests, visual aids, powerpoints, etc. I really intend to learn a lot from this class about how technology can help make teaching fun and interesting.

The Way I Learn:

Reflective: Be sure to stop periodically to reflect the material learned in class.
Intuitive: Take time reading entire questions on tests before answering, intuits are prone to careless mistakes.
Visual: Try to find diagrams, sketches, schematics, photographs, flow charts, or any other visual representation of course material that is predominantly verbal.
Sequential: When studying, take time to outline material for yourself in logical order

3 comments:

welsh lass said...

I am exactly the same, i use technology the most to keep intouch with others!!

Bethany said...

I think you were one of the few people to actually talk about the everyday technology you use in this post!

And I really appreciated the title of your blog. I am a fan of the Dave Matthews Band. "Crash into Me" is actually one of my favorite songs!

Jennifer said...

Its amazing how much we use technology in our everyday life!